For the first time in Russia Diema’s Dream Fund together with the charitable organization “ThePromise” (UK) is organizing a seminar in the framework of the project “Portage” “A training for trainers”, which will be held from 9 to 11 April 2019 in Moscow.
Participants of the seminar-practitioners of children’s institutions with experience in the methodology of “Portage” at least 6 months, which is given the opportunity to bring the skills of training on the methodology of “Portage” in accordance with the standard of the National Association “Portage” of Great Britain.
The “Portage” method is a well-established abroad and in Russia accurate, simple, universal method of individual work with children with disabilities, including severe and multiple developmental disorders, aimed at the development of children’s skills in the areas of movement, self-service, knowledge, speech, socialization.
The seminar program will include such topics as:
- “Mandatory curriculum “Portage”,
- “Portage principles and their application”,
- “Mandatory skills coach “Portage”,
- “Using learning models “Portage”,
- “Teaching materials “Portage”,
- “First visit to the child’s home/first lesson in the institution”.
After successful development of all sections and practical activities, each participant will receive a trainer’s certificate, which will give the right to train employees in children’s institutions together with those coaches who have the same certificate, as well as coaches from other countries.
Trainer of the seminar:
- Nina Weddell, development Manager of the Charity’s programs “ThePromise” (UK); head of Ryazan’s first team of student-volunteers carry out social patronage of families with special needs children by applying the model of “Portage”; the coach on “the Portage” and manufacturing of specialized furniture for technology “Papier-mache”.
- Melissa Warlow, accredited coach of Portage from the UK, volunteer of the charitable organization “ThePromise” (UK).
Requirements to the participants of the seminar:
- Direct experience in the “Portage” system for at least 6 months.
- Experience of playing in front of an audience.
- Experience of teamwork with specialists in various fields.
- Experience in organizing events, including at a distance, including discussion and coordination of details via e-maill, Skype type, etc.
- Willingness to participate in further training pilot projects “Portage”, schedules permitting.
- Readiness to sign an agreement defining further use of the provided materials (in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation).
Participation in the seminar “A training for trainers” will be held with the financial support of Diema’s Dream Fund and the charitable organization “ThePromise”. The training is free for participants.
The number of seats is limited!
For registration in the seminar “A training for trainers”, please register this link till 22 March 2019 and/or contact us: Dauletbayeva Regina, firstname.lastname@example.org, 8 (977) 266-16-03