We would like to invite to visit a seminar “Basic principles of the methodology “Portage” in individual work with children with disabilities”, which will be held on 24-26 Apri 2019.
The “Portage” method is an accurate, simple, universal technology of individual work with children with disabilities, which has proven to be highly effective in meeting the individual needs for the development of children and has received worldwide recognition.
This pedagogical model allows you to work in a variety of conditions – with family children and orphans; with different nature and degree of health problems, including severe and multiple developmental disorders; with children of different ages. Classes can be conducted by specialists of various specialties and students-volunteers, they can be held at home, in educational organizations, in children’s homes and other residential institutions, etc.
“Portage” is used all over the world and more than 11 years ago the method was successfully applied by Russian specialists in various organizations.
Participants will learn:
- Create an individual initial profile of the child’s development, using the principles of the “Portage” method.
- Formulate a clear description of the child’s behavior, understandable to parents and other professionals.
- Develop a learning program for the child by setting clear minimum, consistent goals.
- Use 5 planning strategies of teaching.
- Establish clear criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training.
- To organize the conduct of the parent diaries of observation.
- To analyze and troubleshoot learning difficulties, using 6 strategies.
- To shape skills level competencies.
- To manage the problem behavior when using the ABC.
- Work in a team with specialists of different specialties, including their recommendations in your training program.
The results of the work on this practice amaze specialists and are worthy of coverage among professionals, can be used as exemplary models of work with children, including those with severe developmental disorders.
You can pre-learn about the work on this technique from the video Ryazan REN TV, from the report on classes on the technique of “Portage”.
- managers and specialists of educational and social protection organizations providing assistance to families raising children with disabilities;
- managers and specialists of residential institutions of education and social protection in which children with disabilities are brought up;
- teachers, speech pathologists;
- special education teacher;
- social worker;
- other professionals assisting children with disabilities;
- students majoring in;
- parents of children with disabilities.
From each organization we invite a team of at least 3 specialists directly working with children, and at least 2 managers of relevant competencies. This will allow you to immediately form a team necessary to start working on the methodology of “Portage”.
All participants will receive teaching materials. Passed all 3 days of training is issued a certificate confirming the basic knowledge of the methodology “Portage”.
The event is organized with the financial support of Diema’s Dream Fund. Participation in the seminar is free of charge. The Foundation also provides meals for the participants.
The number of seats is limited!
To participate in the seminar we ask you until 22 March 2019. Register by clicking here and/or contact us: Dauletbayeva Regina, firstname.lastname@example.org, 8 (977) 266-16-03